Sly fox no match for game roos and oh yea, red neck hubby update 4/25

soooo does snakeman have a single brother???

wink.png
gig.gif

Quote:
No single brothers, he is one of kind though. Snakeman was telling the story about shooting the fox from the kitchen door and his co-worker asked how a fox got in our kitchen.
lau.gif
He then had to explain that he would ease the back door open and take the shot while still in the house. Talk about red neck.

It amazes me how brave these game roos are. They definately take there job seriously. Snakeman had gone to the woods on the back part of the property today looking for a lighter stump to dig up for our wood heater and spotted a bobcat. I'm like Oh no but he said with all our dogs that the bobcat wouldn't come close to the house. We have also seen a gray fox in the area. Hopefully it will not come to try and eat my chickens. I hate to kill anything but when its getting my birds it has to go.

Well our fox problem continues. So far this season Snakeman has shot one and we have seen others. They have to go. I have several free range game hens sitting on eggs or biddies right now and these are the foxes targets. I know the foxes gotta eat but not my girls.
barnie.gif

Snakeman skined the fox out and the eyes, nose, ears and wiskers came out perfect. He did a nice job skinning it out. I am going to hang this one on my office wall. I also have two fox tails hanging from my rear view mirrow in my ride. I know, I know red neck but I like those tails hanging there instead of having one of my girls in its mouth. The man that came this week to do my NPIP test saw the skin and asked if he could get the next skin because he said he had never seen one done so well. Snakeman said he would hook him up.

O.K. funny story here. Some of you know I'm going through chemo and my hair is gone. I have been collecting hats and scarves for a couple of months now. I got it going on with head gear right now. I have head gear to match any cloths I might wear.
thumbsup.gif

Snakeman asked me the other night if I wanted him to make me a hat out of the fox skin. He said he would have the face of the fox in front to cover my forehead, make the sides of the hat smooth fox skin and them for the back have a fox tail going down the back.
th.gif

While laughing I told him sure go ahead where I would have some tree huggers chasing me down to club me and my sister said no they would chase you down to spray paint the fox skin.
lau.gif

I've heard it all now.

S@R@

Quote:
we live in town but have 5 foxes about one block up the street....how did your husband trap the fox...we'd like to do that....has anyone heard the frightful sounds a female fox makes...when i first heard it i thought it was a human that was being assaulted...we hear this almost every night and with chickens would love to get these foxes trapped and removed.

Last edited:
Quote:
we live in town but have 5 foxes about one block up the street....how did your husband trap the fox...we'd like to do that....has anyone heard the frightful sounds a female fox makes...when i first heard it i thought it was a human that was being assaulted...we hear this almost every night and with chickens would love to get these foxes trapped and removed.

Unfortunately for our fox problem they didn't get trapped. I don't beleive in killing anything just to kill but these foxes were taking my free range hens off the nest almost daily. I'm sure there are catch um alive traps for foxes. Check with animal control or feed stores in your area and they may be able to help you. One of the foxes we killed actually broke into a tractor and got rooster that was about 20 feet from the window where I was sleeping.

Well I finally got the fox skin hung on my office wall. I really hate to kill anything but when it has my chicken in its mouth it has to go. Never in my life did I think I would have a dead animal skin hanging on my wall. I must be turning redneck for a once city gal.

11624_fox_skin0.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom