Sly fox wasn't so sly last night.

In my area Fox and Coyote are abundant. I always dread it, but if it is between my animals and them, they die. Every so often I get soft hearted and relocate, but it is against the law around here and they end up being a nuisance to someone else. They range far and run a circuit like Bobcats. If they were endangered, I could understand relocation or co-op with some wildlife preserve.

I talked with a professional trapper in Kansas City several years ago. He said that it is illegal for a professional trapper in Missouri to release a racoon, too many have or carry rabies. We did not talk about fox

I always have a .22 by the back door. But I always give them a chance. They can either learn or Darwin (my .22's name) will sort it out.

Darwin:

Last edited:
You won't have to worry about trapping that fox again. They don't make the same mistake twice, and you have created a trap wise gray fox.

if that were in my trap woulda ended up with a hole in its head.
hide.gif

He will be back, and if not, that means he found somebody elses pets to snack on. when he is done with those he will go back to yours.

I've read that gray fox are smart and most of the time, they don't fall for traps. If you released it, you'll never be able to catch it in a cage again.

Back
Top Bottom