Small Cabinet Incubator

BigDaddy'sGurl :

I'm sorry to be a downer, but I ordered the "Exo Terra" brand of this type of incubator (which is I believe from the same parent company as the reptipro) last April and all it gave me was heartbreak. My personal experience was that the temp was never the same from the top shelf to the bottom, and it died without warning after 20-some days. I contacted Hagen, Inc., the manufacturer, and they sent me another one to replace it. Had it for 35 or so days with the same problems, and it too died without warning. All in all, I lost over 50.00 worth of eggs because of these incubators. Also, do NOT trust the digital temp. readout: mine was showing about 8 degrees higher than the actual temp. in the machine.

Hope your experience is much better than mine. I will keep my so-called lousy LG's and take my chances.

I think I mentioned it earlier, but I heard sooo many bad things about the Exo-Terra but sooo many good things about the Reptipro, so I really think they have to be different some how, whether the company that turns them into Exo-Terra modifies them or something? I'm not sure but I think there would have to be some difference since most the Exo's have problems then the Reptipro not. That's so unfortunate you had that many problems )=​

I'm glad he gave it to you for the cheaper price/free shipping, I figured he would. If you make more shelves for it, you could put a ton more eggs in it, especially bantam. Let's see, I'm looking at mine right now & I could make & fit 4-5 (5 if you don't mind it a little snug) shelves in it, then of I used the bottom for eggs to, thats like 6-7 layers of eggs...that's a bunch of eggs! You'd have to make secure notches for the shelves to sit on too but it could be done.

Yes I definitely love mine!! After it I just couldn't imagine paying the same amount for a Hovabator & turner or any other bator in the same price range! I'm so glad I could share my experience with you guys & 2 of you bought/are buying them
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom