Small comb and no wattles

Jordan D

In the Brooder
Dec 25, 2023
First time poster so I apologize if this isn’t the correct place to post. Delete if necessary

Hatched in September and everyone else that she came with has big red combs and wattles and they’re already laying. The tips of one of the spikes looks like it’s turning black. I checked her feathers for mights but seemed clean. Is this concerning?

Attachments

• IMG_9524.jpeg
    IMG_9524.jpeg
    710.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9525.jpeg
    IMG_9525.jpeg
    619 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9525.jpeg
    IMG_9525.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 4
First time poster so I apologize if this isn’t the correct place to post. Delete if necessary

Hatched in September and everyone else that she came with has big red combs and wattles and they’re already laying. The tips of one of the spikes looks like it’s turning black. I checked her feathers for mights but seemed clean. Is this concerning?

how cute! not concerned at all the hormones isn’t at peek! boost them with some protein like egg whites
my rooster in his teen days had this kind of look we thought he’s a runt but when i started egg white diet along with some multi vitamin his comb grows so beautifully rosy red 😍

She looks perfectly fine to me, she's just not matured yet.

Tip of the one spike looks to have a possible scab or dirt...perhaps another pullet nipped her comb, it doesn't look like anything to be concerned with.

Pretty Pullets, enjoy! :)

Back
Top Bottom