Small-combed Bielefelder Project

Look a them

image_search_1586361126466.jpg

image_search_1586361135456.jpg

Why not start with a walnut breed instead, I think there was a someone breeding crele chanteclers
Pardon my ignorance, but how does one breed for walnut rather than pea? Is it a mix of recessive straight and dominant pea genetics? I don't mind the exact type of comb as long as it is small, but I would prefer to make it the standard so I don't have to worry about any straight combs cropping up in future generations.

The waltnut comb is the combination of two com mutations both dominant over single comb, the pea comb and the rose comb, but some breeds like chantecler and silkies already have them in their standards
Do the crele chanteclers auto-sex? I want to retain that ability because it is so useful as a small-scale farmer. I'm considering a pea-combed variety because that is the only barred hen I have to mix with my Bieles in an attempt to retain the auto-sexing. If that makes sense?

They should but I think that they are no longer being bred for. You could try ti ger some partridge chantecler hens an cros them with your rooster
Do Partridge Chantecler hens have a barring gene? If not, would I do Biele roo x Partridge Chantecler hen (F1) and then breed back any resulting barred hens to a Biele roo to re-establish the auto-sexing?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom