Hen Zero

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
Hi.
If I had about three chickens,
how big of a coop would I need?
How much would it cost?

i would probably build a 6x6 and it would probably be under 100 dollars but i would check with a local lumber company or somthing like that

I have the exact same question, only....I need something big enough for 8! And I am in San Antonio, so something that will work for a small city backyard! What kind of design do you think will work?

posibly a ten by ten or maybe eight by eight i only have 6 chickens and 3 ducks but i used to have more until they were attacked so now i keep a 12 by 12 so i can get more + you want a large enough coop so they are not cramped together and start hurting eachother also are you going to have a run?

Hi again.
I basicly need something for my light brahams to live in only. (three or four).

Well, don't laugh, but my son's trampoline takes up most of my backyard, and since these are "his" chicks I told him I was building a run UNDER his trampoline! and just connect the coop somewhere on the side of the yard. So a 10X10 should do huh? Thanks alot!

use a chichen tractor that can move aroun the yard that is what I use in the suburbs for my 12 hens with a big movable fence atached. It is great and does not smell but there is poop everywhere doesnt bother me LOL.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom