Small holes all through my yard

Redfeathers

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
Gervais OR
The last two months I've noticed lots and lots of small silver dollar size holes in my yard and in my garden. What are they and how do I get rid of them? They go very deep too.

The holes that were driving me crazy in my garden last year b/c I couldn't figure out what they were, as there was no garden damage, turned out to be toads when I dug a couple of them up.

Wow! Did they go several feet deep though? I have little tiny frogs in my yard, but I haven't seen any toads. It's like an underground tunnel system I think.

In our area (Ohio) these are commonly signs of voles, especially in garden beds. Other than the look of the holes and tunnels, they haven't done any plant damage in my beds... although they may eat tulips. As my attitude is usually live-and-let-live, I have left them alone for the most part. Good snake food, and I love snakes!

It is always moles or gophers in my yard. They did it to the goat pen recently too. I find big or little holes. Guess it depends on how big the critter was!

Back
Top Bottom