Small impaction, now squishy and malleable

My Three Chicks

Crowing
May 3, 2021
Seattle, WA
My 2.5 year old Olive Egger woke up yesterday with a small but impacted crop. I isolated her and brought her into the house. I gave her some warm water with olive oil and massaged it throughout the day. It loosened up pretty fast and became squishy and malleable (no sour crop smell) and I gave her a little food yesterday (1/3 hard boiled egg and 1.5 tbsp of yogurt). She woke up with yet a small impacted crop again this morning but it was easy to loosen it with the water and massage. I gave her a little egg and mash. She's very hungry. She's a very skinny girl as it is so I'm worried about her.

Is it ok to keep feeding her little meals throughout the day if she continues to have a squishy crop? I assume I should continue to isolate her and keep her inside so she doesn't eat stuff outside that she's not supposed to?

Please let me know.

My 2.5 year old Olive Egger woke up yesterday with a small but impacted crop. I isolated her and brought her into the house. I gave her some warm water with olive oil and massaged it throughout the day. It loosened up pretty fast and became squishy and malleable (no sour crop smell) and I gave her a little food yesterday (1/3 hard boiled egg and 1.5 tbsp of yogurt). She woke up with yet a small impacted crop again this morning but it was easy to loosen it with the water and massage. I gave her a little egg and mash. She's very hungry. She's a very skinny girl as it is so I'm worried about her.

Is it ok to keep feeding her little meals throughout the day if she continues to have a squishy crop? I assume I should continue to isolate her and keep her inside so she doesn't eat stuff outside that she's not supposed to?

Please let me know.
Here is a great article that might help.

Back
Top Bottom