Small quail chick acting lethargic?

Kippers302

Chirping
Mar 19, 2023
Hi everyone, I’m very new to keeping quail, so I would appreciate some advice on this. I have nine chicks that are three days old, and one of them doesn’t seem to be doing as well as the rest. She is the only all-yellow one (they are all coturnix but I’m not exactly sure what types) and hatched smaller than the other ones, and remains the smallest one. I’ve seen her eating and drinking, but she moves around much less than the others. I’ve read about giving her vitamin E, would that be a good idea? Should I keep her separate from the others? Thank you for any advice 👏🏻❤️

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 9
Can you post a picture of the eyes? Are they red? Bulgy? It looks like it might be an albino, and they usually have health problems. If it is an albino, it's probably kindest to cull. Sometimes the little ones just fail to thrive and there's not much you can do.

If you want to give it the best chance you can, you might try some Nutri-Drench.

Can you post a picture of the eyes? Are they red? Bulgy? It looks like it might be an albino, and they usually have health problems. If it is an albino, it's probably kindest to cull. Sometimes the little ones just fail to thrive and there's not much you can do.

If you want to give it the best chance you can, you might try some Nutri-Drench.
I appreciate your reply!!! Here is a photo of the eyes. They don’t look red or particularly bulgy.
EB3EFD20-9A2A-4133-BAB7-FAC88F927553.jpeg
Thank you so much for your recommendation of the nutri-drench! I will definitely try that.

I appreciate your reply!!! Here is a photo of the eyes. They don’t look red or particularly bulgy. View attachment 3585091Thank you so much for your recommendation of the nutri-drench! I will definitely try that.
It doesn't appear to be an albino based on the eyes, but it is certainly all white, which is unusual.

Try the Nutri-Drench, but be prepared for it to quietly just not wake up one day. Sometimes they just fail to thrive, especially the small ones.

It doesn't appear to be an albino based on the eyes, but it is certainly all white, which is unusual.

Try the Nutri-Drench, but be prepared for it to quietly just not wake up one day. Sometimes they just fail to thrive, especially the small ones.
Thank you for your help!! If it survives I will post again here with an update.

Back
Top Bottom