Small Rant about Work

Im sorry
sad.png
I know how much work place power trips can suck when youre on the recieving end...trust me. They just let 56 of us go...there are now 9 field officers to 15 supervisors! That is roughly 1.5 supervisors to every one lower level employee! I hope things get better for you!

I hear ya, I work graves at Walmart in my town, and there are some days...I'm a cashier. Well, they thought it would be advisable to have a shift manager (a step below the store manager), an assistant, and 1-2 support on every night. Mind you, we make MAYBE $3-5k a night and that's during busy Christmas season...so not only do I have those three managers, we also have 1-2 front end managers on every night, so on any given night, I could have up to 6 managers. Now, I love my front end managers, but there's no communication between those two, and they're like water and oil, so I get to hear about it from both of them. Plus, of the higher managers, one will come by and tell you to do something, then like 5 minutes later another will come by and ask you to stop doing that and do something else, and then you'll be questioned by the first why...and oh my GOD I feel your pain ;-)

Okay, /endmyrant, but maybe there's another manager that's on the same level with the jerky one, or go to a higher up and try to see if you could get the cashier training moved. Someone should be sympathetic to your plight and be able to change things for you. Just keep trying, don't be mean or sarcastic about it, be as polite as possible, do some butt-kissing if you have to.

Good luck!!!
smile.png

Quote:
Oh boy that sounds like my company too! Too many chiefs and barely any indians. Struggeling to keep up. Hope the OP will be able to work through the trouble.

work sucked majorly last night. I am kitchen staff i went in last night to help catch up which consisted of nothing but dishes nothing had been touched all day so plenty of dried on unscraped plates and pot and pans. I manged to clear dishes and put empty bus bins on the counters for the dirty plates but instead the wait staff went to great lengths to move the empty bins and pile up more dirty dishes.
rant.gif
I carried them all back to them piled them up on a table and told them now scrape and place in the bins my time here is valuable to and i have plenty to do without having to take the time to scrape these just as you are supposed to do before placing in the bins. most of them took this as fair warning but theres always one who will do things intentional because he has to work and doesnt want to actually do the work.

hugs.gif
and congrats on getting the job

That's the reason it's called "work" and not "play". No manager/boss will ever care about your concerns as long as there is a waiting list for your job. Should you have a skill or talent they need------then they will kiss your hiney and adjust whatever to placate your concerns so you'll work your magic.

Now you know why we have unions. Sorry dear but I've been there. If you live at home discuss it with your parents. You might feel better. My dd's used to go through this all the time in retail. If you have a cell phone give her only that number. When she calls don't answer it, if it's day your day off.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

When i worked at a local grocery store i only gave them my Cell number and when it came up as a private number on my day's i wasn't rostered on i didn't answer as i knew it was them wanting me to come in for an extra shift or 2
roll.png

I am not sure if this will apply to every work situation, but it is something that was read and given to me for my graduation from college (about 47 years ago) and I took it as the gospel for work. I have only had three jobs in my life, not counting my tour in Vietnam, and I think I did very well, in no small part because I kept this as my philosophy. Again, my guess is that it is not applicable to every job situation, but it is to a great many.

"If you work for a man, in heaven's name work for him!

If he pays you wages that supply you your bread and butter, work for him - speak well of him, think well of him, stand by him and stand by the institution he represents.

If you must vilify, condemn and eternally disparage, then resign your position and when you are outside, darn to your heart's content. But as long as you are part of that institution, do not condemn it. Not that you will injure the institution - not that - but when you disparage the concern of which you are a part, you disparage yourself.

More than that, you are loosening the tendrils that hold you to the institution, and the first high wind that comes along, you will be uprooted and blown away and probably you will never know why."

Quote:

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom