Small red hen- What breed?

The only rumpless breed that I know of is the original Arcuna breed from South America. The breed has transformed to our americuna (Easter Egg Chicken). The original breed is from Peru and Chile. They are rumpless, and have feather tuffs on their head, and sometimes a beard. They lay green or blue eggs. Maybe your hen is a mix of that breed. You will know when she lays bleu eggs.

she is not an araucana as for said reason above but there is also the manx rumpy that is tail less

but she could be a araucana mix as I have made some and most come off tail less but chances are that she wont lay a colored egg since she has a straight comb

I will take more pics today!
As I said, she came from McMurrays. I am assuming she was my "free rare chick" but I'm not entirely sure. I ordered their 25 rainbow layers and got mostly white and brown leghorns, a few partridge rocks, Easter eggers, a few silver wyandottes, a silver lakenvelder roo, 1 blue Andalusian, and this girl. I searched their website high and low and couldn't find a red hen with white earlobes that matches her. (Not to mention their Website has a lot of drawings of the breeds and not so many actual pictures which can make it harder to tell)

Back
Top Bottom