Small yellow worms/maggots in stool?? *PIC* HELP!

20171013_172154.jpg

@casportpony What would you suggest? Another round of Equimax or try something else? I'm planning a TSC run tomorrow so I can get whatever is needed. I'm so frustrated and feel pretty much like the photo above. :hit

View attachment 1159522

@casportpony What would you suggest? Another round of Equimax or try something else? I'm planning a TSC run tomorrow so I can get whatever is needed. I'm so frustrated and feel pretty much like the photo above. :hit

Hi there, I know it’s been awhile but did you ever figure out if this was the coccidia? Or worms? I literally just found these exac yellow things in my chickens poop today! I immediately ran a sample over to the vet, but searching online, your post is the only thing I can find that resembles it!
Thanks!

Hi there, I know it’s been awhile but did you ever figure out if this was the coccidia? Or worms? I literally just found these exac yellow things in my chickens poop today! I immediately ran a sample over to the vet, but searching online, your post is the only thing I can find that resembles it!
Thanks!
Can you post a picture or a video of the poop? The OP was treating for some variety of tapeworms with Equimax equine paste. Dosage is 0.03 ml per pound, so that would be 0.15 ml for a 5 pound chicken. Tapeworms are spread by eating worms, flies, snails, or slugs that are intermediate hosts of tapeworms. Cleaning up droppings can help a lot too.

Can you post a picture or a video of the poop? The OP was treating for some variety of tapeworms with Equimax equine paste. Dosage is 0.03 ml per pound, so that would be 0.15 ml for a 5 pound chicken. Tapeworms are spread by eating worms, flies, snails, or slugs that are intermediate hosts of tapeworms. Cleaning up droppings can help a lot too.
I did not get a picture yet. I literally saw it right after she pooped, and scooped it up to take as a sample. I just googled what it looked afterwards. It looked exactly like the photos at the beginning of this thread.. her vet told her it was a form of coccidia Isospora not a worm.... just curious what worked.

I did not get a picture yet. I literally saw it right after she pooped, and scooped it up to take as a sample. I just googled what it looked afterwards. It looked exactly like the photos at the beginning of this thread.. her vet told her it was a form of coccidia Isospora not a worm.... just curious what worked.

Sorry to hear your hen is dealing with this! I don't have much of an answer, aside from using the corid and dewormer appropriately. My hen that had this is apparently a frequent flyer with this stuff (and worms in general - since I just had a bout of roundworms with her), and aside from that she is healthy, productive and bossy as ever. Best advice is to keep coop/run as clean as you can manage. Now that I have an actual roost I can tell who's pooping what and take action immediately. Sorry if I'm not much help, but I'm here for support and hopefully your vet can get your results asap and your girl improves! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom