Smallest Chicken attacked adult Crow invading the run !

BigFuzzball

Songster
8 Years
Nov 25, 2015
Leicestershire, England
Hi, anyone else had any crows, pigeons or squirrels invade their chicken run after food ?
Having had some unusually hot weather the last few days, I've been out on the garden and alottment patch so leave the bottom 'ranch door' to the run open just a quarter so the girls can come & go, feed, drink and lay but the smaller gap discourages fat Woodpigeons etc.
Wednesday lunchtime I heard my wife and kids screaming, she'd heard & seen a large Crow flapping trying to get out of the run, she went up there only to see our small very cute LegBar launching herself claws first at it having got it pinned in the corner, then delivering nasty full-on pecks to the Crows head !!
At this point our (big) Welsummer joined in, same tactics but Lexi the little LegBar was much faster and repeatedly bang on target - after a few desperate minutes the family finally ushered the staggering, bedraggled, dazed Crow out while trying to keep Lexi & Dottie off it lol. And after a wobbly take-off it disappeared !
We're all amazed, grateful and proud of the little girl, has anybody had anything similar from their calmest, softest, smallest birds ??

Back
Top Bottom