Smart Little RIR roo Helps with Round-up

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by g_a_brand, Oct 25, 2009.

1. g_a_brand

g_a_brand Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Debert, Nova Scotia
    This afternoon I rounded up my older Roo's. (They are headed for freezer camp tomorrow ) There was one that was giving me trouble and I was chasing him around and around the coop, [​IMG] While I was doing that one of my young RIR roo's was following me. I finially cornered him under one of the roosts and was trying to get my hands on him when my little roo ( half the size of the white rock roo ) zips out from between my feet and grabs the big guy by the neck and pins him to the floor.... He held him there till I could grab the big guy and let go as soon as I said " Good Boy, Thanks! " [​IMG]

This little guy than struted around the coop ( and I mean struted with his chest out purring ) and than came back to me to sit on my feet to be patted and praised.

He never even put a mark on the big guy, but he had him right around the neck , and slamed him face first to the floor.
    What a smart little roo. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. norcal

norcal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Northern California
    Ha! The shepherd's dog. [​IMG]

3. rhoda_bruce

rhoda_bruce Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Cut Off, LA
    where is the video camera when you need it?

4. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I would have to say that one saves him from ever seeing the freezer! Good Boy!

5. g_a_brand

g_a_brand Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Debert, Nova Scotia
    ohh I agree.....So far no freezer camp for him and I so wish I had a coop cam lol [​IMG]
    I just hope he stays this way, and he is so good with his girls and so far him and the other 3 little roo's ( they were born around july 4th) are best buds ( at least for now till the hormons kick in )

He's a friendly little guy, that has shown he can and will help out lol
    my birddog chicken lol [​IMG]

6. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    thats funny

7. stuckinthecity

stuckinthecity Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    [​IMG] Wow, nice little rooster! Lol

8. The Zoo