Smart weasel-dumb weasel

gsim

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
East Tennessee
Recently a friend of mine, Bob Taylor, sent me an illlustrated story of his encounter with a predator. Seems he went to coop one day to find a dead hen. He spotted a tunnel hole and knew it was a weasel that had gotten in to his dirt floor coop. (This is in the upper peninsula area of Michigan) After filling in the hole, he modified a rat trap adding teeth to it. He baited and set it at the entrance to it's burrow under the same building the coop is in.

Later he went out, the trap had been tripped and the bait was gone. While he was looking at the scene, the weasel stuck it's head out of the hole and looked up at him. My friend went back to the house for more bait and his shotgun. He set the bait close to the hole and waited to one side. In a short while, the weasel went for the bait, and 'pop goes the weasel', or rather more like 'boom goes the weasel'.

Gerry
34643_weasel_death_trap.jpg

34643_weasel_hunter.jpg
My friend,
Bob with his trophy.

Last edited:
Funny story! Glad the weasel was dispatched...and although this sounds silly in light of the circumstances, that weasel is really cute! Better dead though, I grant you that.

Back
Top Bottom