Smarter Turkey Breeds

Turkeys are also very curious and inquisitive, so expect them to be everywhere in your business if you don't keep them contained. Mine are like a bunch of excited kids whenever I let them out. They especially love construction and the noises that go along with it. They also can be a gang of thugs with my chickens and ducks.

Many people who try turkeys for eating find out they like the birds and have troubles going through with making them dinner. If you have turkeys you will always have a willing companion when you are outside.

Haha, they sound like more domesticated guineas! They're the ones who spend the most time "helping" outside around here :D

So I've often heard that turkeys are the dumbest fowl- but I prefer birds with at least half a brain cell, it seems to keep them out of a trouble a bit more around here. Does anyone have any opinions on specific breeds that tend to be smarter than others? I know it's very bird-dependent but I didn't find any discussion from searching online and I'd love to hear any and all experience in the matter.
I have Midget Whites, and they actually seem very intelligent so far ... other than that they think I am their mother! I don’t know if one variety is smarter than the next, so I’d suggest researching them, and pick the size and color you like best.

Back
Top Bottom