Smelly Turkey?

OrlandoMama

Chirping
Jun 21, 2021
I’m very confused right now. I was loving up on my tom turkey and he smelled pretty bad. Not like poop or anything but a sickly smell. My chickens all smell perfectly fine, it’s just him. He acts normal and isn’t sick or anything but he smells very bad. Is there maybe an illness that I can’t see? Everything and everyone in the coop and run is kept clean. Idk what to do. He definitely has the opportunity to get dust baths. Should I gently give him a plain water bath? It’s plenty warm enough.

Is the smell coming from the head or the rear? If he lets you handle him maybe you can inspect him for an infected wound or something.

Is the smell coming from the head or the rear? If he lets you handle him maybe you can inspect him for an infected wound or something.
So yesterday I gently sprayed him with the hose because he like it anyways and he smells a good bit better now and I smelled his head thinking he might’ve had a respiratory infection or something of the sorts and he smelled fine. I did a quick once over and didn’t see anything but I’ll do a much through one today. He’s a sweetheart so he’ll let me handle him plenty.

Back
Top Bottom