Smoke and Chickens. Should I move my hens inside?

What would you do with dangerous air quality?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2248E58A-C552-42C7-852A-87F4191BA003.jpeg

EA10D8A5-9571-4B45-9F3F-F74CB0CD201E.jpeg

Where I am, the air quality is only getting more dangerous, and the smoke is getting worse, so I’m preparing to bring in my chickens.

Yes, that's my problem. The smoke level is 'poor' but the chickens aren't disturbed. I'm worried about long term effects

Unfortunately they'll need to deal with whatever long term effects this might have, no way am I bringing 11 chickens inside the house (it'd be stressful for them and us) and the garage isn't that much better of an option.

Super hazy today but seems to be a little less particulate matter. I'm down to my last couple N95 construction grade masks so wearing those anytime we're out (still gotta clean the coop and walk the dogs). Other than that just trying to stay inside as much as possible.

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out. :)
I just gave that post an update a little bit ago, fyi. Chickens have notoriously weak respiratory systems, they need to come inside the garage or house....or as some folks have recommended, hang up wet sheets over their run and the venting in the coop. Good Luck ! I'm in Central Oregon and the AQI is 480 right now 😭

Back
Top Bottom