smoke from wildfire

cknmom

Songster
12 Years
Apr 10, 2007
Dickson TN
I know there are a few people here that live in the Buelton CA area, and I'm sure there are many around other wildfire areas. We live above Frazier Park Ca and we have been getting a lot of smoke from the Zaca fire since it started. On the days when it is real bad I don't let the chickens out to free range and I keep the puppy in his pen so he is not running around. My neighbors horses,goats,mules,llamas are still running around. I think that the smoke would be bad for the animals as well as people. Am I wrong? Also our chickens are not laying as per usual, could the smoky air be causing that too?

Monica

OMG it is sooo bad here. Yesterday was the worst smoke day this year. It was literally orange out. We've just kind of all excepted it though. The live stock seem okay. Maybe egg production is a little slow. I still let them free range. It is in their coup as much as anywhere else. Just when you think Montana is the last best place...
sad.png

We had a lot of smoke like that back in April & May. There was no way to keep the chickens out of it, and other than their noses (?) running a little bit they were ok. Garlic in the water helped clear that up. They weren't laying yet then, though, so I can't speak to the loss of egg production.

Back
Top Bottom