SNAAAAAAAAKE!!!!! But a very pretty one...

duck walk

Songster
10 Years
Jun 13, 2009
white springs, fl
After watching my drake scarf a mouse and controlling my gag reflex, I was puttering about with chores, filling feeders, changing pool water, feeding puppies and the like, I stumbled upon a young snake...it was right at my feet in the newly cut grass and it was as startled as I was...
I have spent about a half hour on the net trying to identify the snake and have determined it is a corn snake...bright colors, nice patterns...very pretty snake...I did not kill it as I knew it was not venemous...it disappeared down a mouse hole so I hope he was a hungry dude and got one for breakfast...
I have lots of rat snakes this year as I have no cats and they are hanging about working on the mouse situation...that is way cool...

I love snakes. All colors and kinds. Last weekend I caught one of these. It was one of the most beautiful reptiles that I have ever held. I release it up into some trees where it slowly slithered up into the canopy.

Niemiller%20_green.jpg

Hosted by http://www.tennsnakes.org/

Good for you tor not killing the snake.
love.gif
Corn snakes are beneficial, as they kill mice and rats that infest your feed and such. At our zoo, one of the education animals is Corny the corn snake. He's my favorite guy, and such a joy to work with. When I hold him, he's so nosey! Down my shirt, around my wrist, in my belt buckles, around my radi:hmmne time I was leaning over a table trying to show him to someone when he simply wouldn't go anywhere. I looked down, and Corny's tail was wrapped around the antlers we had on display.
tongue.png

Quote:
We're about 30 minutes from you. We catch these all the time. They're called Rough Green Snakes. I absolutely love them because they're so darn pretty and gentle. We pick them up, handle them for a moment or two, take a few pictures then let them go.

Laurie

I am always amazed at how snakes move! I like snakes when I know where they are!
lol.png
The other day there was a Black Rat Snake next to our chicken pen! It scared my sister half to death!
lol.png

I havn't seen them this year but last year we had two bull snakes living close to the house, one of them was huge almost two and a half feet long. Keeps the mouse population down though. We also have rattle snakes, luckly I havn't seen any of them either this year. The bull snakes I don't mind, the rattle snakes suddenly develope lead poisoning.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom