SNAKE!!!!!!!!!

poor watersnake....
sad.png

so, so sad....

yup .... sending all my wild gross disease carrying, chicken food stealing, garden distroying, rodents YOUR way.....

this is JEFF... he is an everglades rat snake.. he is a cuddler and very sweet.. i got him a girlfriend this year,, amybe they will make babies for next year..
18399_jeffbowl2.jpg

I STILL say you should have killed it, then laid it out in the street to watch people swerve to miss it!

Or, my personal favorite was a woman who ran over it, got out of her car and ran over to hit it with her umbrella...LOL

You know, I can understand both sides here were some people like snakes and some people hate them whether it be from fear being a learned behavior or the thought that they may harm your birds or eggs. I do disagree with posting pics like that showing a harmless watersnake whose diet is 90 % plus fish and frogs getting killed for no valid reason other then the wrong place at the wrong time. IDK, maybe it's the biologist in me where I know that every animal has its place within the environment or maybe its the reptile lover in me.

I've had a couple of big black rat snakes (called chicken snakes here in Texas) in the nest boxes. One definately swallowed a golf ball, but we saw it a couple of months later in the pond. I would rather lose a few eggs to a snake than have a single rat anywhere near me and mine....rats creep me out far more than snakes. Rats are filthy, nasty, disease-carrying vermin. EEEEWWWWWW!!!!! The dh is more afraid of snakes then me, so I get the job of getting them out of the coop and back onto the open land behind us. It gets my heart rate up and it energizes me for the whole day, and that glass of wine to help me calm down is welcome too.
lau.gif

That being said, one snake coming under the door at work would have me moving the other way....fast!

My chickies love to eat the little earth snakes in the yard. They play tug-of-war until the poor little snake is gone.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom