SNAKE!!!!

dianehodges

Chirping
9 Years
Dec 10, 2010
I collect my eggs before it gets dark but yesterday I got home after dark I decided to collect the eggs any way and walked to the pen with a flash light Turned on the light and there was a very large black snake under the feeder At that moment I to became a chicken and ran to get my sister She got in the car and turned the lights on the pen He was already gone Thanks to BYC I think I will reenforce the pen with hardware wire all around inside and out All of the chickens were ok but I do think he may have eaten an egg because they were scattered outside the nest I don't want to kill him because he keeps the rats and mice away Hopefully this will work One more chicken experience
duc.gif

1 veteran 1 dog 1 roo 8 hens 1 very old cat

Ewwwww... Just be glad it wasn't in the nesting box!
lol.png
Somesnakes will hide in their even while the hen is laying and wait for the eggs to come flowing!

I wish I had not read that snakes hide in nesting boxes. I came home today to find a 6 ft rattlesnake in my yard. I will have to remember to look carefully before just reaching into the box.

I did find an black snake IN the nesting box...by the time I returned with branch loppers to cut his head off, he was gone. Ugh...

Back
Top Bottom