Sneezes

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tclegg, Jun 14, 2011.

1. tclegg

tclegg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Parkersburg
    I have 3 girls that are 3.5 wks old that are sneezing..not all the time..but enough that I notice..When they do it is just a small clear spray nothing colored or mucousy....should I be worried? they don't seem to be in distress--are eating, playing, running, interacting with me and the other girls...getting ready to put them all out in the coop/run...? [​IMG]

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Does it happen after they drink? Might just be the water coming out when they sneeze.

As long as there's no goop coming from their nasal area, they should be fine.

3. tclegg

May 15, 2011
    Parkersburg
    No not after they drink--it just seems to happen after eating or just doing anything...just thought maybe dander and or feather floating around...they do'nt seem sick though maybe hayfever...allergies...LOL???

4. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2011
    Antarctica
    It might not be allergies. It could be respiratory infection. Can they breathe through their nose?

5. stinkerbell

stinkerbell New Egg

Feb 27, 2011
    My one week old chicks are doing the same thing, but are otherwise completely healthy looking! We were wondering what to do, too!

6. tclegg

May 15, 2011
    Parkersburg
    Yes they seem to be able to breathe thru their nose--they seem to be breathing fine---it hasen't slowed any of them down at all...so that is why I was wondering if I should be concerned...but they seem so perky...and fine...if it is resp infection what could or should I do? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  7. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    no reason to be worried, a little sneezing is totally normal. [​IMG]

8. ginger c.

ginger c. Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Alabama
    ours sneeze all the time and usually wipe their beaks off on us!

9. tclegg

May 15, 2011
    Parkersburg
    yeah mine wipe their noses on me all the time--I watched though and noticed seem to sneeze when they are in my hair on my shoulder--maybe allergic to my shampoo...LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by