Sneezes

tclegg

Chirping
8 Years
May 15, 2011
Parkersburg
I have 3 girls that are 3.5 wks old that are sneezing..not all the time..but enough that I notice..When they do it is just a small clear spray nothing colored or mucousy....should I be worried? they don't seem to be in distress--are eating, playing, running, interacting with me and the other girls...getting ready to put them all out in the coop/run...?
fl.gif

Does it happen after they drink? Might just be the water coming out when they sneeze.

As long as there's no goop coming from their nasal area, they should be fine.

No not after they drink--it just seems to happen after eating or just doing anything...just thought maybe dander and or feather floating around...they do'nt seem sick though maybe hayfever...allergies...LOL???

My one week old chicks are doing the same thing, but are otherwise completely healthy looking! We were wondering what to do, too!

Yes they seem to be able to breathe thru their nose--they seem to be breathing fine---it hasen't slowed any of them down at all...so that is why I was wondering if I should be concerned...but they seem so perky...and fine...if it is resp infection what could or should I do?
hu.gif

Last edited:
yeah mine wipe their noses on me all the time--I watched though and noticed seem to sneeze when they are in my hair on my shoulder--maybe allergic to my shampoo...LOL

Back
Top Bottom