Sneezing 1 week old Silkie šŸ˜­

Mama2BoysandBirds

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2020
She was eating and running around the brooder fine. Went to check on them and heard her sneeze twice. I took her out to observe and she hasn't sneezed once while I've been holding her. She is currently chirping away in my hand all snuggled up. I can hear a 'click' every once in awhile but not every breath. Currently feeding non medicaided chick starter. Should I start the medicaided kind now? I'm adding apple cider vinegar to the water and boiling up some eggs to give them. ( Tip given by my uncle who is a chicken breeder. Is this good? Anything else I can do? Do I isolate or just treat them all now?

Attachments

• IMG_20200308_203457070_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200308_203457070_HDR.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 3
I would observe her for a day or so. The clicking may be a developmental issue with the air sacs and will resolve on it's own as she matures.

Most medicated feeds in the US contain Amprolium/Amprol which is a Coccidiostat. This medication only treat Coccidiosis (Coccidia) which is a protozoa. It has no antibiotic properties.

Antibiotics that are commonly used to treat respiratory infections like Mycoplasma are Tylan/Tylosin and Tetracyclines. You would have to order those online.

Back
Top Bottom