sneezing and cranes neck while yelling

Chicks and Hens

Songster
10 Years
Jul 25, 2013
With my chickens
Why is my chicken sneezing outside of the coop and when I will let them out and put the chickens in She ( einstein) will crane her neck out and almost yell at me. What is happening should I be worried? She is a Brahma

How long has this been going on? If only recently, she may have gotten something stuck in her throat, or it may be too dusty in the coop. Chickens sneeze occaisonally when its dusty, or if they inhale something too rapidly. Her "yelling" might just be a normal noise. I know that my chickens sometimes make a screaming, squawking sort of noise if they are annoyed.

If its been happening for a while, its possible that she has a respiratory disease. Try isolating her from the other birds, and giving her some electrolytes and probiotics. Keep her warm and out of drafts, too. You can try antibiotics as well, like Tylan50. Tylan50 is given as an injection, and the dosage is 1cc for large fowl, .5ccs for bantams. Inject it into the breast muscle once daily for five days, using a 20-22 gauge needle.

Back
Top Bottom