Sneezing and wheezing a lot + Runny nose!

J K

Chirping
Jul 3, 2019
Hello
Can anybody help me please?
My rooster and hen are sneezing and wheezing a lot, and also they have a runny nose😞. What can I do for them to help them overcome this situation?
(There is no vet near by me)

How long have you had them? Have you recently added a new bird to the flock? Are your chickens acting normally and still eating and drinking? They could have a mild respiratory disease, such as infectious bronchitis, or it could be something more serious, such as MG, coryza, or ILT. Can you see any bubbles or watery eyes? Any swelling around an eye? Depending on what they have, if it is MG ir coryza, an antibiotic might help. If it is a virus (IB or ILT,) andtibiotics do not help, but the disease may run it’s course over time.

How long have you had them? Have you recently added a new bird to the flock? Are your chickens acting normally and still eating and drinking? They could have a mild respiratory disease, such as infectious bronchitis, or it could be something more serious, such as MG, coryza, or ILT. Can you see any bubbles or watery eyes? Any swelling around an eye? Depending on what they have, if it is MG ir coryza, an antibiotic might help. If it is a virus (IB or ILT,) andtibiotics do not help, but the disease may run it’s course over time.

Two years and 11 months. This is the first time it happens to them.

No, I didn't add a new bird.

Yes they are acting normally as usual and eating and drinking well.

There is no watery eyes or swelling around their eyes.

By the way we have near our house a construction project and there is a lot of dust, so I don't know if this is the reason or not.

Sneezing cold be from construction dust. Wheezing is more serious. Do you have a short video that you could post to YouTube or a similar outlet with a link posted here? Some chickens experience stridor, a noise made when breathing, and it may be caused by a piece of food in the airway, swelling or mucus. Here is a video of a chicken with stridor:

Sneezing cold be from construction dust. Wheezing is more serious. Do you have a short video that you could post to YouTube or a similar outlet with a link posted here? Some chickens experience stridor, a noise made when breathing, and it may be caused by a piece of food in the airway, swelling or mucus. Here is a video of a chicken with stridor:

Like this:

Back
Top Bottom