Sneezing but no discharge anywhere

draftyhen

In the Brooder
Sep 21, 2021
My son has some different kinds of chickens but there are only about 6. One is sneezing a tiny bit but has been for a couple weeks.
The peacock he has is separate but is also once in a while sneezing with no discharge. We gave, with someone's advice, corid for one week(7 days).
None of the others are doing this. Wondering if I should cull that one little chicken who is sneezing. I have 42 barred rocks that are about 1/2 grown and need to go in the coop. Question is: What do you all make of this sneezing just alittle but no discharge from nose or eyes or anything.
Thank you for anything that is suggested.

Last edited:
Hi there.
Are you still having the sneezing issue?
I’m not sure why someone thought Corid would be a treatment, as it is not for respiratory issues. Corid is used to treat coccidiosis.
If there are truly no other symptoms, I wouldn’t worry too much. If there is no discharge, no facial swelling, no wheezing, and they are eating and drinking like normal, then it may just be environmental. Sometimes weather changes, molds in the air, pollen counts, and bedding dust can affect them just like it does us.

Back
Top Bottom