sneezing wheezing hen

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by coolairetheory, Jan 4, 2010.

1. coolairetheory

coolairetheory New Egg

Jan 4, 2010
    I came home tonight to a sneezing and wheezing hen. She is about 2 or 3 years old. She has NO discharge from anywhere. She is NOT lethargic. I have her in her own coop so I will know more about her poop and if she is eating, etc. I looked up CRD and synovitis....but they don't seem to fit the bill. Any suggestions? I am new to this website and hope I can figure out how to use it fully. Thanks for you help.

2. popcornpuppy

popcornpuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    Holland, Massachusetts
    I'm not sure what to say about what is ailing your hen, but you may want to post your question under emergencies/illness and injuries.
    That will bring more attention to your post and let people know you are looking for help. And welcome to the forum and best of luck [​IMG]

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:Exactly. [​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us!

4. coolairetheory

coolairetheory New Egg

Jan 4, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Okay sorry about that. I am still new to this whole forum/blogging/chatting thing. Anyway, the hen has NO visible symptoms today. Eating, clucking, drinking, pooping and no noises out of the ordinary. I will now try and find the illness forum.
    Thanks

5. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas size [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by