Sneezing

Not sure, other than vitamins readily available in different fruits and veggies (we try to give them a limited but diverse spectrum of healthy treats). Also, a little bit of plain greek yogurt every now and then helps with a probiotic boost. We do use rooster booster when the weather is particularly brutal and that always perks them up noticeably. Grain of salt though--after all we are the ones with the sneezy girls!

I've read that small amounts of crushed garlic or garlic powder and ACV can sometimes provide an immune system boost now and then, but I haven't tried the former. Let me know how the oregano and rosemary works out--we have that growing in the garden.

Best of luck!
They have garlic almost every day and herbs regularly but the new ones have only just started eating it xx

One of My brahmas (male: 3 week old) has that problem. I am in Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria. What do you recommend for them?
Is it all the time, or just when eating something wet? Are their sneezes dry or is there any fluid? What kind of coop/run are they in, and what kind of bedding do you use? From what others have told me it could very well be an environmental issue (dust or mold) or that they simply get water up their nose when eating or drinking something moist. Otherwise it could also be a respiratory disease. Hard to tell unfortunately

Is it all the time, or just when eating something wet? Are their sneezes dry or is there any fluid? What kind of coop/run are they in, and what kind of bedding do you use? From what others have told me it could very well be an environmental issue (dust or mold) or that they simply get water up their nose when eating or drinking something moist. Otherwise it could also be a respiratory disease. Hard to tell unfortunately
It is dry and all the time. The bedding is saw dust

One of My brahmas (male: 3 week old) has that problem. I am in Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria. What do you recommend for them?
It is dry and all the time. The bedding is saw dust
Sawdust is not good for chickens to use as bedding. It is dusty, mold forms easily if it becomes wet, and certain woods are irritating or toxic. Sneezing and eye irritation can be possible. That said, you have to use what is available in your area. Pine wood shavings are very good to us. Cedar shaving are not. Straw is used by some, but may bring in or attract mites, and hay can mold and hold moisture. Sand is a very good type of bedding, and in many places, free and easily available.

Good point from @Eggcessive about saw dust being an irritant. Pine shavings have worked will for us. However, there happens to be a lot of pollen in our air which casts a fine film on literally everything. I'm wondering if that, too, can be an irritant (it is for me!). If the sneezes are dry I'm thinking it is likely something in the air that is irritating them--fingers crossed your able to get it resolved.

Th
Good point from @Eggcessive about saw dust being an irritant. Pine shavings have worked will for us. However, there happens to be a lot of pollen in our air which casts a fine film on literally everything. I'm wondering if that, too, can be an irritant (it is for me!). If the sneezes are dry I'm thinking it is likely something in the air that is irritating them--fingers crossed your able to get it resolved.
Thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom