Sneezing

Agapehomestead

Chirping
Jun 19, 2021
I have two week old freedom rangers in the brooder with pine shavings. Two started sneezing maybe Thursday and we spectated them. No discharge at all and they are eating and drinking. Today one from the brooder sneezed a couple of times but really we haven’t seen any other sneezing. All are healthy and active. Suggestions? What should I do with the two separated?

How big is your brooder? Is it well ventilated? Keeping them too warm or closed up can cause problems. There should be good air exchange.

It’s 4x4 with 30 chicks for these first two weeks. Open on the top and it’s in the garage. There is not a lot of air movement. I could turn on a fan a little ways away.

I wouldn't necessarily run a fan. You want air exchange without a draught. I usually have windows open a bit so air can flow through. What type of bedding?

No windows to open, we could open the garage. We have some chicken wire laid on top but I worry about my farm cat. Bedding is pine shavings. I thought of switching to sand, but what sand do people use?

No windows to open, we could open the garage. We have some chicken wire laid on top but I worry about my farm cat. Bedding is pine shavings. I thought of switching to sand, but what sand do people use?
I've never used sand. Most of the dust comes off the chicks themselves.

Back
Top Bottom