Sneezing

Farmgirl283420

Crowing
Feb 21, 2023
I’ve noticed some sneezing lately. Sometimes it’s just a sneeze but sometimes they stop breathe out of their mouth then sneeze a few times and are fine. Should I be concerned? Some of them seem a little fluffed up but it’s been colder windy and some snow and rain. What are your opinions?

I’ve noticed some sneezing lately. Sometimes it’s just a sneeze but sometimes they stop breathe out of their mouth then sneeze a few times and are fine. Should I be concerned? Some of them seem a little fluffed up but it’s been colder windy and some snow and rain. What are your opinions?
When you notice them breath out the mouth and sneeze a couple of times have they been eating/drinking?

Any mucous, bubbly or watery eyes, facial swelling, coughing, wheezing?

They will puff up when it's cold and windy, do they have protection from the wind, but adequate ventilation in their coop?

When you notice them breath out the mouth and sneeze a couple of times have they been eating/drinking?

Any mucous, bubbly or watery eyes, facial swelling, coughing, wheezing?

They will puff up when it's cold and windy, do they have protection from the wind, but adequate ventilation in their coop?
I’m sure they’ve been eating and drinking. I haven’t noticed any of those symptoms. I think the coop has the right ventilation although the one window has been closed because of raining and snowing.

I’m sure they’ve been eating and drinking. I haven’t noticed any of those symptoms. I think the coop has the right ventilation although the one window has been closed because of raining and snowing.
I'm sure they have been eating/drinking too.

What I'm asking is if you notice the sneezing when they have been eating/drinking - perhaps they are eating quickly and getting some food/water in the nostrils/airway which causes them to sneeze.

I'm sure they have been eating/drinking too.

What I'm asking is if you notice the sneezing when they have been eating/drinking - perhaps they are eating quickly and getting some food/water in the nostrils/airway which causes them to sneeze.
Oh sorry I misunderstood! I have noticed them sneezing when eating or scratching outside. Sometimes it seems random though.

A sick chicken would sneeze around the clock, not just when eating. Sometimes they may inhale the dust from the feed which irritates their nostrils. If you notice sneezing every few minutes all day, then look for any bubbles in eyes or nasal secretions.

Back
Top Bottom