snoring

horsejody

Squeaky Wheel
11 Years
Feb 11, 2008
Waterloo, Nebraska
Ok, I can't take it any longer. DH is a snorer, an it has gotten worse lately. I can sleep through light snoring, but not snoring that sounds like a chainsaw being brooadcasted through a bullhorn. Anybody on here have any suggestions? Knowing what has worked for others would be fantastic.

Oh me! I am in the same boat as you. He takes sinus meds. So, aside from elbowing, nudging, nose pinching, and waking him up to tell him to roll over. I haven't a clue. But I will be watching this thread...
pop.gif

Last edited:
nothing helps me..i woke myself up twice last night with my own freight train like snoring.
roll.png
my daughter also snores. poor husband!

Seperate beds. yes I mean it. We had 2 bedrooms so that when his snoring was bad (nightly) I'd go to the guest room and you know... sleep. Breath right strips can sometimes help, but i'm a light sleeper.

Quote:
I have to agree as sad as this is.... no one is happy if mom doesn't sleep. We are both very busy and its really tough on both if he snores all night. I'm up from the snoring and he is up from me waking him up to stop. So... he sleeps in a different room and sometimes I still hear him but its not so bad. When we need to be close, we can be. We have been married 21 yrs and its just been the past couple that his snoring has gotten so bad. He has sleep apnea and uses a face mask. Guess this really helps a lot of people.

I'm in the same boat with you! My hubby is awful, but has given up his night-cap, so it has improved a bit. My brother bought an over the counter mouth insert that my SIL says helps tremendously. I've been meaning to get to CVS or Walgreen's and see what they have.

usually a punch in the head and me telling him to roll over on his side works for me. If not, i bring out the smothering pillow...

Last edited:
me too!!!! A big loving "punch" and a "roll over" works for me. I keep telling him he needs sinus surgery.

Back
Top Bottom