Snow coming, must get to store!

chickenshagg

THE ALPHA ROO
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
St. Charles, MO
Just sitting watching the news and they say the snow is coming. We have no snow on the ground and they say we should expect 3-5 inches. No big deal, right! The News crews are doing the same stories that they do EVERY time they forecast snow. Like we have never had snow here in Missouri before. There was a reporter at the grocery store reporting on people buying bread, milk, and eggs. Hope my chickens don't think that they can quit laying now that it is going to snow again.

Funny thing is that my wife is from Sweden and she cannot understand the excitement over a little snow. She said that she never ever missed a day of school because of snow or the cold. Last week we got 3 inches of snow and they called off school for the day.
idunno.gif

Ice, with temps not getting above freezing so it stays that way... for days... I could understand that.
Who wants to drive on ice if they don't have to?

But most the time down here IF we get ice the temp gets high enough to get rid of it within a day.
And most people tend to have at least one day's worth of food in their house... so no reason to panic IMO.

Now running to get firewood, in case of power outage... that I could totally understand.
Unfortunately downed lines do happen quite a bit with ice, even wind, around here.

We just had that panic here last week. We ended up with about 6 inches plus ice. Schools were closed all last week. Even with temps in the upper 40s and some rain, we still have some of it still sitting around.

We still had snow on the ground from a week ago and it is now covered with three more inches and snowing like crazy! Expecting eight inches by morning when it is forecast to end! Went to the stores yesterday!

Quote:
Maybe you should tear yourself away from "Chicken Chat" long enough to get to the store? Just sayin'
tongue.png

Oh but it is so hard to pull myself away from the Laptop as I sit here on the couch with a fire rolling in the fireplace. I did get up and go out to close up the girls and pick up some eggs.
cool.png
Ther is nothing that I need from the grocery store that cannot wait a day. Besides that it was 1984 the last time that I remember the city being shut down do to snow. I can walk to the grocery store if I am unable to get my 4 wheel drive truck out or my ATV. The freezer is stocked so I will be fine, but thanks for the concern.
frow.gif

It can snow every 4 or 5 days, and "they" have to get to the store before each storm. How about stocking up????????

We do the same thing here, only it's when a hurricane is in the Gulf of Mexico and it is headed for us. The grocery stores shelves are emptied by last minute people. What is left gets thrown out because of no power, so when the stores open back up, they are still empty. We are always ok. I think I must have a genetically modified "squirrel" gene inserted into my DNA, because I store food in the freezer, glass jars, or still growing in the garden. Hurricanes.......eh? No problem..........bring on the snow.

Back
Top Bottom