donkeydew2farms

Songster
Apr 12, 2014
hi every one does any one here have snow flake quail ? I hatched some out 15 out of 25. they are about 4 weeks old . I have never had snow flakes only courtex . will these birds be good for eating and eggs. I know I have one male so far he is crowing. and there are 4 white that are smaller not sure if the are snow flake. also I just started them on all flock 20% with added meal worms. I have geese and chickens so it is easier to feed 1 feed. if not what will you recommend. thanks .

penny1960

Yippity do Da Yippity ay
Premium Feather Member
Dec 29, 2015
Mossyrock, WA
hi every one does any one here have snow flake quail ? I hatched some out 15 out of 25. they are about 4 weeks old . I have never had snow flakes only courtex . will these birds be good for eating and eggs. I know I have one male so far he is crowing. and there are 4 white that are smaller not sure if the are snow flake. also I just started them on all flock 20% with added meal worms. I have geese and chickens so it is easier to feed 1 feed. if not what will you recommend. thanks .
We have thread to auction or buy the one for basic chat is .. There is some rules to post reuired to post or buy there are on the first page
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/the-new-crazy-24hr-auction-thread.754060/page-1474

Quailobsessed

Crowing
Oct 12, 2019
Australia
Do you mean a snowflake bobwhite? If so, they are a different species to japanese (coturnix) quails. I'm not sure what brand of feed to recommend (unless you're in Australia), but gamebird feed with around 20% protein is usually best. Chickens have different dietary requirements to quails, so they need different food. Any chance you could post pictures of your quails?

Ram13

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2020
Yes i have snow flakes.I feed mine 20% game bird feed.Mine will also chase down any bug that comes close.Yes you can eat and get eggs from them.They do take longer to start laying than coturnix.

donkeydew2farms

Songster
Apr 12, 2014
Thanks every one yes they are Bob white snowflake. I will post pictures as soon as I get off the phone. Do they pair off like bob white .and how do they do out side in the cold.

Top Bottom