snow geese hybrids

morgan mc

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 2, 2012
West Virginia
I have 5 cotten patch snow goose hybrid hens and 1 gander that are 2 years old this spring. Has anyone bred second generation snow goose hybrids. They are neat little geese. Would like to have a mini gander but could not find one. The gander is paired to a cotten patch I don't have anything with the hens yet.

Do you have pictures that you can post? I believe that Canada/domestic crosses are sterile - not certain about snow goose/domestic crosses. Hopefully someone will chime in with more knowledge.

Their mother was a saddleback I though they would have more white. All the other snow hybrids I have found on the computer have white heads. This pictures shows the two different colors they are it is hard to tell in the picture but one is darker than the other.

Hello !

Very interesting thread !

Be sure that some hybrid snow goose / "gray" goose may be fertile.
I knew several example from Greylag/ Snow hybrids and Greater White-fronted/ Snow Goose which had F2 hybrid goslings with Greylags, Snow, Greater White-fronted and also Canadian pure individuals...

Could you tell us if the snow goose parent is a "blue" morph or a "white" morph ?

One of the hybrids I knew had a "blue" morph Snow Goose parent and its head was entirly coloured...

The gander was a white morph. The hens have not laied yet but are looking like they will soon. .If any one has a hybrid gander of any kind to sell let me know

Back
Top Bottom