snow geese hybrids

The Buff Canada hen has never laid she does mate and will set on a nest. I have some f2 3/4 cotton patch 1/4 snow hatch this year will try to get pictures up soon

now, it's Anser caerulescens....they were in their own Genus Chen, which was before +lumped with the grey geese (Chen). When the white morph was recognized as a separate species, they were Chen hyperborea....when they were recognized as a morph of one species, the naming of the blue phase occurred 20 years prior so the rules say the first name has priority.

Clint

Were your hybrid snow geese fertile? I have 6 hybrid snowgeese babies that are 1/2 tuft romans. Would like to know it they are going to be fertile.

Thanks.

I have 5 cotten patch snow goose hybrid hens and 1 gander that are 2 years old this spring. Has anyone bred second generation snow goose hybrids. They are neat little geese. Would like to have a mini gander but could not find one. The gander is paired to a cotten patch I don't have anything with the hens yet.
I have a pair of half Snow half tuft Romans they've raised one goose out of 18 eggs

Back
Top Bottom