Snow in the South -- Check In Here

My roads have been like this for almost a week..thawed a little but froze and snowed again.
0119221250b.jpg

No new snow today in SW VA but we got hammered last weekend! It's still hanging around waiting for more. Heated buckets are lifesavershop

I am beyond thankful I got me a pair of coveralls before all this insane weather! Tennessee is definitely a hit or miss for weather, much like yours probably.
My gloves are not waterproof at all...just work gloves then some cutesy handmade mittens from a longtime ago over the top!
But they scare the chicks to death so I end up having to take em all off...really bad when they get wet too!
Gonna go look right now for waterproof ones!
Got another tip to make your warm gloves waterproof.. Put a pair of your dishwashing gloves on over your warm gloves. ..then your gloves stay dry.

I am beyond thankful I got me a pair of coveralls before all this insane weather! Tennessee is definitely a hit or miss for weather, much like yours probably.
yeah i got a big jacket right before this and im so thankful
on the mountain we get 1 or two snowstorms that are about 6-8 inches of snow typically not ice

Yeah every morning I remember "dadgum it u forgot to bring em in last night! " lol

I look at the overnight forecast in the evening before I go down to shut them up in order to decide if I should bring the water in.

Yesterday I never opened up because I know I wasn't going to want to go out there in the dark in the mess to close it.

I really feel for you all north of me. I strongly suspect I'm just south of the snow line in the coming days. We are hitting 24 or 25 tonight, hard freeze, and projecting 26 tommorow, so its possible we might see snow in FL, but I doubt it. Been either raining or drizzling most of the last two-three days, I expect the cloud cover moving off is what will cause us to drop another 10 degrees overnight.

If we do get a bit of the fluffy white, I'll try to photo to prove I'm earnest in my commisseration.

Like your area, Coconut, we aren't equipped for it either. If there is even a strong hint of snow touching the ground, they will shut down sections of I-10 and I-95. Once they shut down I-95 as far south as Volusia County's northern line, almost 90 miles into the state! Volusia County is home of Daytona Beach, FL the "World's Most Famous Beach", for reference.

Thankfully, other than a vet appointment mid day tomorrow, I have no need to be on the road for the next week.

Back
Top Bottom