Snow in the South -- Check In Here

My roads have been like this for almost a week..thawed a little but froze and snowed again.
0119221250b.jpg

Just now DH had the hard part -- thawing and refilling the frozen waterers. I hauled them and went back to refill feeders while he dealt with the ice.
Hey its nice he's helping!
My DH is snuggled up in bed still snoring while I bang on waterers waking everyone up BUT him LOLOL...neighbors probably not :D
We've had the worst winter in 7 years...it's cuz I got chickens! Lol first winter with em and well...I've been outside in colder temps more in the past few weeks than I have my entire life!

This is what’s going on at our house:

Picture postcard time -- until you have to haul frozen waterers in to thaw.

My roads have been like this for almost a week..thawed a little but froze and snowed again.View attachment 2968479

Welcome to BYC. Where, in general, are you? It's beautiful.

Hey its nice he's helping!
My DH is snuggled up in bed still snoring while I bang on waterers waking everyone up BUT him LOLOL...neighbors probably not :D
We've had the worst winter in 7 years...it's cuz I got chickens! Lol first winter with em and well...I've been outside in colder temps more in the past few weeks than I have my entire life!

He's great about helping with my hobbies. I try to return the favor with his.

Central North Carolina, 2-3 inches with mild drifting from the wind.

I *should* be going to work, but we're 3-4 backroads from the one road I can count on being cleared and there is probably black ice under the fluffy stuff.

I will have to go out soon to retrieve frozen waterers and frozen eggs and to open the coops to see if they want to go out or not.
we have had snow for almost 3 weeks right now it is 3-4 inches of solid ice
so its hard to walk anywhere we just slide down everything
I'm just barely in the va blue ridge mountains

we have had snow for almost 3 weeks right now it is 3-4 inches of solid ice
so its hard to walk anywhere we just slide down everything
I'm just barely in the va blue ridge mountains

Ice is the worst. It's easier to cope with a foot of snow than an inch of ice.

I live over the river and through the woods 😃. SE Ohio

More like where I grew up -- Pittsburgh, PA -- than where I live now.

When I lived up north this storm would have been nothing, but they don't even have the equipment to take care of the roads down here. I don't own the clothes for it either. My rubber muck boots aren't insulated (and are hot enough as they are when it's 95F out in the summer). I only have fingerless wool gloves and uninsulated leather work gloves.

Hey guys, if you have to haul anything through the snow get yourself a fishing sled.. The sled makes everything easier! I haul my waterers, hay bales, feed, tools & supplies!

That would be a great idea for anyone who has snow regularly (this is a once every 3-5 years occurrence where I am). When I was a kid in western PA I used to drag firewood on my snow wing.

what is a DH? i feel like i should know but im drawing a blank!.

Dear Husband.

I am told that some women have other adjectives that start with "D" but mine is definitely a Dear.

Back
Top Bottom