Snow!!

sgtmom52

Birds & Bees
12 Years
Jun 1, 2007
Northern York County ~ Pennsylvania
I keep hitting F5 to refresh the weather, so why is it still saying 6 to 10 inches of snow for tomorrow? After a summer of record setting rainfalls we are getting this already! It isn't even Halloween yet!
barnie.gif

Issued by The National Weather Service
State College, PA

Fri, Oct 28, 2011, 4:58 AM EDT

... WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING...

* LOCATIONS... THE LOWER SUSQUEHANNA VALLEY AND POCONOS.

* HAZARD TYPES... HEAVY WET SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS... 6 TO 10 INCHES OF SNOW POSSIBLE.

* TIMING... LATE FRIDAY NIGHT INTO EARLY SATURDAY EVENING.

* IMPACTS... THE HEAVY WET SNOW WILL CREATE SLIPPERY TRAVEL CONDITIONS AND WEIGH DOWN TREES. POWER OUTAGES POSSIBLE.

* WINDS... NORTHEAST AT 5 TO 10 MPH BECOMING NORTHWEST WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES... MID 30S COOLING INTO THE LOWER 30S.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW... SLEET... OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL.​

Just got a notice from the Weather Channel that we're under a Winter Storm Warning, expecting 4 to 8 inches.

WOOHOO!!!! This Okie just got a HUGE wake-up call!!!
big_smile.png

Well ~ we only got about 6" of snow, but it really made a mess. We have lots of trees and branches down and have not had power for over 24 hours. The power company said it will be another couple of days until they will have us back online. Our road was covered with trees and branches ~ but thanks to our wonderful "redneck" neighbors & their tractors the road is passable again.

We have a wood stove for heat and can cook on our gas stove by light it with a match, candles and oil lamps for light. We have a well so we have no water except what we saved ahead of time. We did melt snow to wash dishes and for flushing toilets. We do have a stream which I can get water from for the chickens.

We are at my parents house for showers, internet and refilling water jugs. I am just hoping that the food in our freezer makes it until the power is back on. We will be shopping for a generator this week.

Back
Top Bottom