Snowy Mallard ducklings hatched

featherfooted

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Georgia
Ditto, one of my Black Swedish ducks, hatched 6 snowy mallard ducklings last sunday. Something happen to 2 of them,as I could not find 2 of them this morning. They have been in their own part of the coop away from everyone, but they have disappeared. No bodies or anything. Here are some pictures of the remaining 4 their first time out with "Mom".

DittoandDucklings11June10.jpg

SnowyMallardducklings11June10.jpg

Those are "snowy" mallards? Never heard of that but think I got one. Here is a pic of him as a duckling
57454_s2010053.jpg

Here he is a few days ago...on the left
57454_s2010119.jpg

I have been trying to figure out why he was yellow with almost no stripe...he was bought at TSC in a bin with about 100 other mallards.He was the only one like it.I heard he could be what's called restricted? Or light phase?
on the left...
57454_s2010114.jpg

Here are 2 of my Snowy Mallard adult hens. I think you just have regular Mallards. The one that's different may be a drake that doesn't have his mating colors yet.

Snowymallards.jpg

yeah...he looks totally different than those so far..but his shoulders have a different wing color pattern than the other two...I'm almost positive all are males. They all have greenish on their heads.I will try to post a pic of his wing to show you....have to catch him first
wink.png
He's the HARDEST to catch of all three!

Could it be a snake? I knwo i cant leave any babies outside with mama because i have a snake problem. Came home one day last summer to find three ducklings missing. Moved mama and the remaining ducklings, lifted up their deck and found TWO snaked under it. One had three sad little lumps in its belly
sad.png

Yay! Now I know what he is!I was going nuts trying to figure it out! Thank you! I don't think I'd wanna sell him....unless he could pay off my mortgage!
big_smile.png
How rare is he?

Back
Top Bottom