So a Black Australorp, a Buff Brahma, and a Dominique walk into a dealership and you ask...

3chickchicks

Songster
9 Years
Jun 25, 2013
Utah
"Hey chickens, if you could choose any car in the world, what would you choose?"

A coupe of course! Or a free Range Rover. :D hyuck hyuck!!

Here are my girls at 7 weeks about two days after I got them. I got them to eat up any bugs in the yard, to poop in the yard, and to give me fresh eggs. :D But they're spending a week in the coop to get comfy with their new digs.

From left to right: Black Australorp (Ms. Ruth), Dominique (Lulu), and Buff Brahma (still needs a name).

All week I've been handling them and teaching them "Hey girls" means a treat for them. I can crinkle the bag of meal worms and they come running. I do this to help me get them back inside.

They're 8 weeks now. This morning, they were in their coop and had discovered the roosting bars! Ms. Ruth was sitting down on it like a big girl. They're growing up to be such ladies!
Today, I opened the door to let them out for their first experience in free ranging. They were pretty excited about it despite the sprinkling rain. The buff brahma (who still needs a name) found her first earth worm and gave a celebratory chirp after she gobbled it up.

Here's video of them discovering grass for the first time:

It started to rain a bit harder so they rushed back inside. The rain should let up this afternoon and I'll let them out again.

How lucky you are! I'd call the buff Mrs. Bee. The rain has been something else, hasn't it?

Back
Top Bottom