So all I had to do was buy a house.lol.coop is done update on page 8

clap.gif
It looks fanTAStic, you gotta be proud! I like the hanging pots of ferns. You could try growing things in those pots that your chickens will like to eat, like parsley, collards, even cherry tomatoes. They'll look attractive and be handy healthy treats for your flock.

And maybe you won't need the extra layer of protection since you have such good watch dogs, but you may want to cover all the edges of the hardware cloth with strips of wood to batten them down, instead of just the staples, screws & washers. Some really determined raccoons may still be able to pull the wire loose.

Looks great! You'll love the chicks! Watch out for chicken math. Buying many more chicks then intended.
lau.gif
. It happens to just about everyone who raises chicks. My limit was 2, that's until I had them for a week. I now have 8 and I'm planning on breeding my frizzle with the rooster across the street! I even have it okay'd with Hubby to hatch a couple and maybe keep one or two hatches. I promise you that your wife will fall in love. Chickens are one of the most intriguing pets around.

Your coop looks fabulous! Your chicks are really cute too. I think you need a couple more, so you'll have enough eggs to pass on to your friends, family and neighbors.

My neighbors are coming over already putting in their request for fresh eggs. Apparently they are tired of buying them at the flea market.lol.

It looks Great! I agree with some trim over the edges of the hardware cloth...makes it look more finished as well. Trim up the vynal (sp) floor a bit more so nothing gets under the edges (easier cleaning) LOVE the hanging baskets. window is great.
big_smile.png

Suny Side - I was thinking about trimming it not only for that reason but also to bring some color to the run area...also the prev owner of the house left a bunch of window basckets, planters and pot....we arelady grow a lot of stuff to eat at home...so next time we plant I'm taking a few seeds and save them for the birds....I got the idea from a poster here...I think he called it a salad bar or something! lol

Chooks - I will be removing the linoleoum of the far wall since there is no roost there ( I was going to have one there initially, but I changed my mind since it would be hard to clean back there)....and I like the idea of trimming the bottom....(added to this weeke's list)

Nicole - I was "just looking" for BR and BO chicks online and my wife gave me the dirtiest look! lol I do have to say thay she has already determined that even if the Australorp is a roo..we keeping "him".....she/he falls to sleep on my DW hands every night! hahahahaha

KFC- gotta love the name
gig.gif

Thank you all for the advise!!!!

Quote:
Yeah is nice not only not to have to worry about getting up at "XYZ" in the AM...but since is an all in one thing it feels likes they have more room!!!

I seen yours...looks good!!! I think I posted...
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom