So angry and upset.............

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickenzoo, Jul 2, 2010.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Hubby was forced to resign from his job , actually fired but given option to resign so he could still get a job with the GOV, because of his illness (they knew he was disabled) and having to use up a lot of his leave time to have Doc appointments to get his lung issues under control.( he was 8 months into his probation ) Well his Gov job and the union told him if he resigned he will still be able to collect unemploymment because it was forced......... now the unemployment office says no, and we have only his dissability money coming in......... that just pays or minimum bills. I am so tired of the bull crap from all this stuff.......... when will it end........ [​IMG]

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    If he was fired or forced to resign due to his disability, he may have an EEOC claim; it is certainly worth investigating.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I would appeal their decision... Fight it! [​IMG]

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

5. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

It's time to kick some butt!! Get a lawyer who works with disabilites. Contact your local disablity rights office.

6. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

7. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] Fight the decision. Good luck

8. twentynine

twentynine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Forced to resign?

Probationary period?

No employer is so stupid to terminate without cause. His protection may be very limited because his probation term was not finished.

9. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Has he talked to the union since his unemployment was denied? They should be able to help him. That's what they're supposedly for!!

10. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I agree fight it... You can appeal and appeal and appeal.. I know I would ....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by