So angry - MIL "weeded" my garden! RANT!

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
Why should I be annoyed when someone does something so generous? Because we were away and I specifically asked her not to! We have a very steep slope behind our house with really poor soil quality. I have long term plans for it, but I am content to let them play out over time, naturally. So, I made a string grid and planted a pattern in the grid. Corn and sunflower on the rows and quick rooting herbs and vines in between. The point was NOT to keep a good harvest. It was to get good roots on the slope to avoid erosion and improve soil quality. Even if the vines strangle the corn I am going to cut them and lay them on the ground to rot come fall anyway. Some of the vines are perennial and should come back next year to keep strengthening the soil and keeping it in place.

MIL thought this was a stupid idea. (My yard who cares anyway?) So while we were gone she "weeded" it. I came home to nice BARE strips of soil between my rows of corn and sunflowers. Some of the suns are going to tip over because the supporting vines and soil around their base are gone! Hubby keeps telling me that she means well, but I get tired of her doing whatever she wants and having to suck it up because she means well!

UGH! OK I will settle down now and work it out. Thanks for letting me rant!

Quote:
LOL!!!

Mine offered to bake my dds birthday cake this year. Kind yes. Better if she could actually make something that didnt taste or smell like fish. I kindly declined the offer and told her that dd wanted something specific this year. Which she does.. those cute little chicken cakes!!!!

lol at the kitchen cabinet idea.

Wow, that is a good idea for the garden.
Your MIL needs to listen to you and doesn't need to go against your will even if she doesnt think its a good idea, your a big kid you can decide for yourself

I am sorry you had to have that happen!! My MIL suggest things but also knows that 99% of the time I am not going to do it.... Also if she starts showing up a little to much I just mention that there have been a lot of snakes in the yard lately and she wont come near for weeks. They live just up the road from us and most of the time it is very nice but once in a while it is a little bothersome. I have to admit that I have wonderful in-laws compared to what some others do so I am very blessed. Jenn

I Have WHAT In My Yard - You just know she convinced herself that she "means well", but it sounds like she has some form of OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder).

Next time she comes by, tell her NOT to clean the coop and run, then leave for a while.

Also, tell her NOT to clean the bathroom.

Oh, and tell her NEVER EVER to clean your oven.

wink.png

Last edited:
There ya go - that's the answer to many of your household chores. Invite her over and say "I have the shavings in the coop EXACTLY the way I want them, it works for me, and that's the way I want them". Then go get a manicure. Instant clean coop. These people just need to be managed properly, their energies re-directed.

Back
Top Bottom