so... apparently I can warning call

Sobek

Songster
Aug 12, 2018
orlando florida
I spend the last 20 or 30 minutes being obnoxious with my try-hard warning calls lol but my hens actually listened to them hmm. It took a few minutes of me walking around and calling out while looking up at the sky that they stopped eating from the food bowl and all went to hide under the deck. I patrolled for a good 15-20 minutes and decided to see what they were doing under the deck and they were all bunched up. So I went under there cuz why not?! Might as well get into the whole rooster thing. When I go under there they all surround me and start lightly pecking my hair and all the grass on my shirt lol we ended up just huddling there for another 15 minutes. One of my hens decided she would go investigate herself and walk out to eat some grass. I kept calling at her over and over and she would look at me and stop and after 20 seconds she would come back. She did that twice. Raven went out twice while I was patrolling but I called out and directed her back under the deck both time. chicken nugget wasn't too alarmed at first until she saw me looking at the sky and looked with me. When I looked at her again to see what she was doing she already went to safety of the deck. Carnelian just straight up said "boi im outta here see ya!" That was my chicken study for today :) Any questions? IT WAS FOR THE SAKE OF RESEARCH :lau But also maybe it was a bit fun to be the leader of the flock

I see your from Orlando. I was stationed there while in the Navy many many years ago (Oops, I just gave it away that I'm an old fart).
Btw, how old are you? I wish I could still crawl under a deck!
:thumbsup

Last edited:
I see your from Orlando. I was stationed there while in the Navy many many years ago (Oops, I just have it away that I'm an old fart).
Btw, how old are you? I wish I could still crawl under a deck!
:thumbsup
lol I'm turning 21 in march! My chicken is almost a year old now :( It's sad because time goes by so quick :(

Back
Top Bottom