So built the new coop

Right...gutter after the pic. But I'm having a hard time figuring out how you mounted it and where it drains to. That's what I was getting at, sorry.

I boarded up between the coop and run. Then caulked it with roof caulk. Rained hard last night and I checked and no water gets into the run. Pick below.

20220825_184545.jpg

Attachments

• 20220825_192327.jpg
    20220825_192327.jpg
    851.7 KB · Views: 1
I need to add a gutter. One of my last projects on the coop. Was it hard? Did you order the parts or was everything available at the hardware store?
If you go with a "true gutter" like you have on a house, then you'll have to cut the gutter to the right length and put on end gaps with gutter sealant. I think they come in 10' lengths from Home Depot. Then get a few hangers to screw them to the edges of the coop run. Not hard at all, really, just take your time.

@Elkhounds, that looks awesome! I see what you did with the "gutter" between the coop and run now, thank you for the pics. It's more of a "diverter" there but it's a great idea. Glad it worked out!!

I see you have one of the musical thingies in there, lol!! Do they play with it? I have one too and they don't even acknowledge it's there.

Back
Top Bottom