So confused...does anyone know what this breed is?

baymoose

Hatching
May 8, 2015
It was supposed to be an Ameraucana, but it has yellow legs and does not have puffy cheeks. Also, I'm suspecting it's a Roo due to the color of the comb. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Sorry, my pictures are missing. I will try to get it fixed. First time posting. :-/

It was supposed to be an Ameraucana, but it has yellow legs and does not have puffy cheeks. Also, I'm suspecting it's a Roo due to the color of the comb. Thanks for the help.
It's definitely not an Ameraucana which have slate blue legs, muffs, and beards. If it was sold as an Ameraucana, it's most likely an Easter Egger but we would have to see a pic to be sure. EEs are frequently and incorrectly sold by hatcheries and feed stores under the label Ameraucana but are actually hybrids produced by crossing blue egg layers with brown eggs layers to produce offspring that lay eggs in colors other than just blue.

My true Ameraucana is on the left in the picture and then the "other" bird is on the right. Hope you all can see the pictures now.

i have a chick like this...not sure what it is either, though looks like a gold laced wyandotte to me, though i have never raised those from chicks

cityfarmer12, I think you might be right. I did try to buy two golden laced wyandottes and one died. I bet I got the Ameraucanas mixed up with the wyandottes and that's really what she is!

JanetS, I was feeling better until you said cockerel! I already had to re-home my cockerel Cuckoo Maran and I also have a cockerel Speckled Sussex! Bummer!

Back
Top Bottom