So far, so Good!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr, Mar 21, 2008.

1. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    Well, I got my first batch of cornish x rocks from a new {to me} hatchery..Welp Hatchery. And they are lovely little fluff bums! All healthy and happy peepers. No deaths, all arrived ALIVE! and well. I am glad, because my last experience was quite frightening, and I was afraid It would turn out the same. I am including a pic, and will keep everyone updated on how they are. This hatchery includes shipping in the total price for each chick! So I actually spent a bit less!![​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

[​IMG]

Congrats on the little babies!

3. meant2bemommie

meant2bemommie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    California
    They are so darn cute!!!

I love how chicks stay together.

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Too much cuteness for one place...I will take one or two [​IMG]

Adorable indeed.

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You are going to be amazed at how fast the cornish x grow. Literally over night you will see huge changes in them. Good luck with your biddies.

6. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    Four days later, and still growing great!! I am posting an update photo. You are right about the rate of growth!! I ordered 6 others {2RIR, 2 Blk Australorps, 2 Wht Leghorns} for my sister, and they are doing great as well, but I can see the difference between mine and hers... a BIG difference!!! mine have almost doubled their size. I am hoping to use this post to kind of doccument the growth rate. These photos were day 2. I will probably keep a weekly photo update!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by