So FRUSTERATED with my fellow craigslisters!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Brelansmama, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Brelansmama

Brelansmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    McMinnville, Oregon
    Okay, so I have this HUGE Dogloo dog house, (it might be the biggest one there is) that my husband picked up for free from a job site, that I have had listed on craigslist.
    One couple stopped to look at it, said they would be back the next day with a truck to pick it up......that was a week and a half ago.
    4 others have emailed, set up times to stop by, then I have NEVER heard from them again!

I don't care at all if they decide to pass on the dog house, but is an email, telling me so too much to ask?
    I wait for these people to show up, sometimes call my husband home, because I am hesitant to have them come to my home with just my daughter and myself home, and they never show, and won't return my emails...... [​IMG]

I have had a few books and a potty seat listed, that the SAME thing has happened with. HUMPF!

Please......I beg of you.....save some other poor woman the frustration......if you set up a time to meet someone on craigslist......PLEASE, either keep the appointment, or tell the poor person you are not coming........

(thanks for letting me rant [​IMG] )

I am giving up on craigslist, and just having a yard sale this weekend. If you live in McMinnville Oregon, and want to buy a HUGE dog house ( or TONS of other stuff) pm me and I'll give you the address.

WOW! I feel better. Thanks guys!

2. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Vent away, my dear, I feel your pain. Been there, done that, and replied to EVERY inquiry!

3. Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Chicks R Friends NOT Food Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Chariho RI
    Now I'm upset! I want a huge doghouse but there's No Way I could ever go get it. Wish I was closer, that thing would've been gone long ago. I can never find a big enough doghouse...

4. Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Chicks R Friends NOT Food Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Chariho RI
    I forgot to mention that I've had the same problem for getting chickens. I wanted a hen and one guy was like "I have the perfect match" then when I called him up he only wanted to trade for another hen I was like "I Have Roosters That's Why I Want A Hen! It said It in the Ad Like 4 Times! I HAVE ROOSTERS THAT NEED HENS, I DON'T HAVE HENS!!!!!" I haven't gotten any responces since and it's been like 2 months? I keep putting up new ads...

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've had similar issues! I once put up an add for koi or goldfish that needed to be rehomed because I had a barrel pond looking for some occupants. I got a response from a lady in the next town over who said she had a one eyed white koi that was too big for his tank. I said I would be glad to take him and we even set up a date and time for me to meet here to pick him up. I gave her my cell number and told her to call me when she was leaving for the meeting spot. Well, never got a phone call, e-mail, or anything. I was just glad that I had not gone out of my way because I would have been pretty mad if I did!

I ended up getting two fish from someone else through a friend...NOT from craigslist. I don't really post too often on there anymore.

6. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I've had surprisingly good luck with people showing up. Only had one woman not show -- 2 times. Oh well, their loss. Sorry, you are having such crummy luck with people not showing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by