So frustrated

I was really hoping @aart got her way and you water hosed the heck out of it and something came out.

what a stumper I can’t wait to find out what it is. A game camera would be nice. but if you know it digs in daylight you could even use your cell phone on a time lapse video setting.

So you said it might be a squirrel, and after doing some general googling I think it might be even thought it seems odd. I found this diagram from the Iowa state university website and based on you saying there was also a hole in the garden it points to a ground squirrel to me.

Nice chart! Better than randomly guessing at it. I knew it wouldn't be a mole since there was no mounding, or a vole since there wasn't a network of close to surface tunnels, but that's as far as my knowledge went. :)

definitely watching this thread! I'm looking into predator proofing my coop, and am kinda scared that something outsmarted the apron and the vertical hc in the ground. I'd say chipmunk, because we are also east coast and had so many tunnels in one part of the yard that part of it collapsed! But chipmunks would definitely eat the scratch that's on the ground, and they seem to tunnel closer to the surface....hmmmmmm

Even if it is a ground squirrel, how would she get it to stop tunneling and creating these weak spots in her design? Sounds like there may be a market for a coop version of a squirrel baffle! Naughty squirrels...

Back
Top Bottom